Sunday, December 19, 2010

a story, a winner, and day 20

Several days ago I received an etsy message from someone interested in ordering a necklace.  This is what she said, “Hi, your jewelry is beautiful! I just had twins in April…”  OUCH…twins, in April.  Really, I read that and it just stung a little.  I answered her question and congratulated her on her babies.  She then replied, “ Hi, I just saw that you have twin girls! How old are they?…”  Uhhh…how do I answer this?!?  I didn’t want her to feel badly for asking, I didn’t want her to think, “OMG!!!  How horrible!” and not come back!  So this is what I said, “My twins, Sophia & Ellie, were born in April 2009. However, they were very premature and both passed away. I have hesitated in answering your question because I know how my answer will make you feel. Please though, do not feel badly for asking, I love to talk about my daughters…”  I was content with this, I was honest and asked her not to feel badly.  What I wasn’t expecting was her response.  “Oh Tina, I'm so sorry about Ellie & Sophia. Their names are just beautiful. Believe it or not, I have answered people similarly when they ask about my *C*. *C* was stillborn at 32 weeks in November of 2007 due to an umbilical cord accident. It has been a very long road, as I know you know. Bringing home our twins this year has brought a lot of joy and healing to our whole family…”  This woman and I went on to share many thoughts and feelings on our experiences.  It is really unbelievable that we found each other and shared our stories.  She does not follow my blog (although I did tell her about it and the giveaways, so if you are reading I hope you don’t mind me sharing our story…I just think its worthy of sharing!)  so she did not find my shop through any baby loss link.  She just saw my shop along with many others and something drew her to me.  She could have made her purchases and never asked about my girls.  It really makes me think that just maybe Sophia, Ellie, and *C* are together somewhere and wanted their mamas to meet. 

 

Anyway, I just wanted to share that story…I think it is amazing and needed to write about it before I forgot!  So, onto the winner…

Using random.org, the lucky winner is number 8, Susan at Our Lives Forever Changed.  Congratulations Susan!  You mentioned wanting the ornament because you don’t wear jewelry, but there are other options.  Contact me and we will discuss it!!  Thank you all for entering and for your kind comments about my little shop.  You really are all so sweet!

Day 20…Two more giveaways today!  Let’s go see Nolan’s mama, Ashley, at A Ruby Family.  Ashley is such a sweetie and she has a smile that must light up the room…at least that is what I think from her pictures!!  Go on over and see what she’s been up to and what she is offering today!  We’re also going to visit Jonathan’s mommy again, Jessica, but this time it will be at Forever Remembered Photo Collages.  Jessica is kind enough to do two giveaways this year…isn’t that sweet?  Go check out her talents and what she is giving away today.  Good luck and see you tomorrow!!

8 comments:

  1. what a sweet story. I have met so many folks through sharing our children who have passed, and while sometimes it is hard to share them, other times, when other people are able to share, I feel like the pain is somewhat worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful story Tina. I find it amazing just how big our 'little babyloss community' really is. I like to believe all of our babies have connected us and talk about us in heaven as much as we talk about them down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat. Something similar happened to me on etsy. I contacted a seller to make something from a blm friend's rainbow baby... Then, the rainbow baby passed away and I freaked out and contacted her again and asked her to not ship the item (of course, later I realized I should have still sent it for her to have... I digress). A few weeks later, she posted on her profile that she was on a "break" because her baby was born severely premature. Small world, huh. And, so sad.
    I'm glad you could share Sophia and Ellie. I like to share Ella too, in any way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely story. I love hearing about moms coming together like you and this other person. It is almost like you two were met to "meet."

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story thank you for sharing! God has a funny way of bringing people together...I know her little ones are with all our children up in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's amazing she came to your shop & you were able to connect like that! You just never know when that'll happen. I know I always feel blessed to meet another BLM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing that BLM's seem to find each other

    ReplyDelete